Friday, August 8, 2008

My First Blog

There I was, a pimple-faced Indiana teenager, with braces and a brand new shiny Dell Experion with a whopping 200 meg processor, sitting in my bedroom. As I stared vacantly up at my New Kids poster, I tried to act tough, but the words my mother had said earlier in the day coming back from piano lessons were ringing in my ears. "I don't know what this internet hub business is, but I'll be damned if you will be jamming up my phone lines with your modell.." "Modem, mom" I corrected her. It only made her more angry. "Modem, totem ! If I catch you trying to use my phone lines to influence society, mainstream journalism, and building social networks with my long distance plan I will make your life a living, yet comfortably middle class HELL!"
She slammed the door on the mini-van and left me sitting, wondering, was it worth all the trouble to dial-up, upload, pee, wait for uploading,read a book, and then finish the upload and review my work on my Netscape browser, all for the sake of hyperspace freedom.
It was worth it. 
I will succeed
I was destined to become...a blogger
Continued....some  other time.



No comments: